Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Life as a Glass

I have labeled myself as an optimist.
As one who sees the glass as half full.
The glass being life I guess.
I usually try to look for the good in things, and try to live life without sweating the small stuff. (I wonder how many cliches I can fit in one post........hmmmm)
This is my personality, and I have never thought deeper as to why I do this.

Until today.

A serious of unfortunate events caused me to wonder how different my life would be if I chose to be a pessimist. The type of person that looks for the bad, and/or dwells on it.
If I looked at each 'thing' that happened to me and connected it to all of the others, evidence that the world was against me.

It is depressing.

I had no idea.
When I connected my two weeks of being sick with my fever blisters, then to my mom's ankle, her sickness, and not being able to get around, almost having a wreck, losing my promise ring, not sleeping well, feeling like I'm doing everything that I should be doing.........etc, etc, etc, the list goes on and on.
If I say; I lost my promise ring yesterday and then today all of this happened, and last week that happened, and everything is falling apart, WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?????

Or, I say; I lost my promise ring yesterday. I hope I find it.
Today I had a bad day, tomorrow will be better.

And that is the difference between choosing to dwell on the bad, and choosing to have joy.
It is not easy.
My natural instinct is to whine and feel sorry for myself, to line up everything bad that has happened and look them up and down. Thinking about how terrible it is, and how sad I am.

I read this verse on another blog, and it made me cry. A good cry. (I know how confusing that must be to you guys, sorry about that)

“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” ~Romans 15:13, NIV

I hope this brought peace to your heart. Don't let satan steal your joy, he will try as hard as he can and the only way to have peace and joy is through Jesus Christ. Period.

~noel



No comments: