Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Cold Days = Lazy Days :)

I really dislike the cold weather...winter is my least favorite season.

But, I love it when the weather is bad. When everyone has to stay home. When it feels so cold and stormy outside that all you want to do is cuddle up with a blanket and something hot to drink, and watch a movie or read a book.

As long as I can stay home I will be happy, but if I have to drive in this.......yuck!!!

So, the last four months I have been whining about not having a job, or a plan, and just sitting around waiting, and I'm tired of it.
No nothing has really changed, but God has made people with this amazing ability to adapt and be happy in any situation. I really believe that, although our flesh gets in the way of this many times. But I am not going to let this happen, I am going to be happy where I am and just be content with all the blessings that God HAS given me.
I am telling myself this more than than telling you lol. I know that this commitment will take more strength and patience than I have...alone. But not so if I walk in the Spirit and rely on His strength. One thing that has helped me reach this place is not focusing on myself, but looking for ways that I can serve other people and have new purpose in my life.

I am reading Pride and Prejudice for the first time and am really enjoying it. Although it is taking me longer to read than usual because I do not want to miss anything.

I started journaling when I was twelve and have written semi consistently since than. I have been reading through some of them the past week and it has been highly entertaining. I also have seen how much I have changed, for the better I hope. If you are not keeping a journal I would encourage you to do so. It not only serves as entertainment and encouragement later, it is a great stress reliever, and if you have short term memory loss, like myself, you will be able to write down important events :).

I guess I am done rambling for now, if I am iced in for much longer I may post again.
Stay warm and be you, life is too short to be anyone else!

be free
~noel~

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay that is exactly how I feel. I am glad to hear I am not the only one that struggles with being content. Oh and it really does help if you serve instead of having pity parties. lol Love ya and thanks for the post.

Unknown said...

Ok it's time to update.